Monday, October 4, 2010

Covered Books

These were another request from my mil. She got some books for the girls to take to church. But she wanted them to be cute. She asked me if I would cover them and personalize them. I found this cute butterfly paper, and used scraps for the rest.

I don't know about you, but when I cover books the covers always curl. Too much glue? Not sure. But I wanted them to lie nice and flat, so I added some elastic to hold them in place.

All I did was measure how much I would need for it to hold the book shut. Cut, sewed to the inside cover, as you can see here...and covered it in the front with that big flower.

And now they all have a cute book they can take to church and learn about Jesus. (This is what the girls do during the sacrament.)
And of course you can't forget the back.
.

1 comment:

  1. Those are way cute. I might commission you to do the same for Jack and his siblings.

    ReplyDelete