Sunday, February 12, 2012

"I love you" sign

I LOVE Valentines decorations!  But this is my last project for this year.  I have a couple of ideas on the horizon, but I'm too excited to get going on plans for my daughters 3 year b-day, that they'll wait for next year.  So here is my cute "I love you" board. 

I bought a 6'x12'' board at Lowes, and cut off 14''.  (I'll be using the rest for a LONG overdue project)
I painted it white.  Then I used my friend's alphabet stamp set along with my brown distressed ink.  Next I used pink paint to stamp over the brown "I", heart, and "u".  And then I finished it by sanding all the edges, and adding pink "stain" to all the distressed areas.  (I just watered down my pink paint A LOT to get a "stain" effect instead of painted effect)

Here it is on my wall 

 detail of the sanding and "staining"
 Perfect way to end my Valentine crafting for the year.

1 comment: