Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Flower vases tutorial


I've always seen those cute flower arrangements, with silk flowers stuck in what looks like hard plastic, inside a vase.  I have almost bought one a MILLION times, when it is almost just right, but I can never find the perfect one.  Whether it's the type of flower, the color, or simply the size.  So I realized that I could just make my own!  I'm making up my girls bathroom super cute, and I can't wait to show you what I've been working on, and do a reveal.   


So, gather up your items:

Silk flowers of your choice
tool to cut them
vase 
Envirotex lite 
I found some really cute vases at the D.I.  I love the little Mason jar, but for this project the tall silver one fit perfect.  And it was only $0.50.
First step, measure how tall you want your flowers to be.  And cut them to that size.

Step 2: measure out your envirotex, if you're not using glass you can pour it straight into the vase and mix.  If you're using glass, pour and mix in a separate container, and then carefully pour into your vase.  Be careful not to drip it down any edge, it will dry that way :)
Then put your flowers in your vase, and if needed, prop up so they stay in place.  Let dry for 24 hours.
And you have a beautiful arrangement specific to your project.

No comments:

Post a Comment